Prepare your manuscript
Please follow these guidelines to ensure papers are published as quickly and easily as possible.
- Read the Instructions for Authors.
- Use our bibliographic output style for EndNote to ensure your references are formatted correctly.
- Documents should be formatted following the guidelines in the Instructions for Authors.
- Graphics should be prepared as detailed in the Instructions for Authors.
- Draft a covering letter. All submissions should be accompanied by a covering letter.
- Manuscripts should be checked thoroughly for errors.
- Manuscripts should be submitted online as described in our Submitting your manuscript page.
Whilst our copy editors will work with you to ensure that your paper is published with the clearest language and in accordance with our house style, referees may not have the time to spend trying to understand unclear language. If English is not your first language, consider asking a native English speaker to read your paper before submission. Alternatively, you can take advantage of the discounts that we have negotiated on your behalf with The Charlesworth Group. Please visit their website via this link (http://www.charlesworthauthorservices.com/~IMP) and automatically receive a discount on whichever service you choose. This may help improve the likelihood of your paper being accepted and speed its progress through the peer review process. This is not a requirement, and if it is difficult for you to arrange we will do our best to assess your paper fairly, however, you should understand that this may take a little longer.